Story H. Reynolds Family
Story H. REYNOLDS was born 5 Jun 1852 in Johnson Creek, Jefferson, WI. He married 23 Oct 1877 in River Falls, Pierce, WI Carrie M. ANDERSON who was born 23 Jul 1857 in Hudson, St. Croix, WI to Scroggs and Melissa (PARSONS) ANDERSON. Story and Carrie came to Washington State about 1884 settling first in Seattle, WA and later moving on to Port Angeles, WA from whence they came to Whatcom, WA. Story was the superintendent of a saw mill in the town of Whatcom. He installed the first light in Whatcom at Elk and Holly streets (now State and Holly). He also installed the first telephone nearby. They lived in a small house near the mill at the mouth of Whatcom creek. From Whatcom they moved to a farm in the Columbia valley in the "wilds" and every winter they would move to the small town of Sumas, WA so the kids could go to school since they were so far out in the middle of nowhere. In 1898ish, they moved to a farm near Central, a whistlestop on the B.B.&B.C. RR. They stayed a year and then moved to a farm near Everson,WA. Story died in Everson, WA 2 or 12 Jan 1921 and Carrie died in 9 Nov 1934 in Redondo, King, WA. Both are buried in Nooksack Cemetery.
Submitted by Sabrina Keil
Back to Family Index
Back to Whatcom GenWeb main page