Pioneer Real Estate of Lincoln County, Washington

 

                                                                            Submitted by Barbara Curtis

 


Page 2.  Listed chronologically by the date of the newspaper.


BUYS  THE MCINNIS RESIDENCE

Lincoln County Times,  May 10, 1907 

The handsome brick residence of M. McInnis, situated on Morgan and Ninth streets, has been purchased by Jack Adams, a wealthy farmer who lives on his ranch ten miles west of Harrington.  Mr. Adams bought the property for a home and expects to move to Davenport with his family this fall.  Mr. McInnis recently disposed of his livery stable in this city and as yet has not fully decided what he will do. 


HORSES FOR SALE

The Sprague Advocate,   Aug 25, 1916

Over 100 head to select from, all sizes and ages.  Prices reasonable. 

W. G. McLELLAN, Bacon ranch 10 miles west of Sprague. 


PURCHASES EDWALL LAND

Davenport Times-Tribune,  Nov 23, 1939 

An announcement was made this week that Oscar Polenske, Edwall farmer, has purchased 720 acres of land from the Mielke estate and Marrie A. Britsch for a cash consideration of $25,000.  There are 250 acres of wheat land and 200 acres of pasture and the purchase gives Mr. Polenske 1200 acres of adjacent land....

----------------------------------------------------

MOVING TO OREGON RANCH

Walter Smith this week completed a deal whereby he sold his residence in the southwest part of town to Chris Fisher of Davenport, who will take possession immediately. Mr. Smith and his mother, Mrs. Betty Smith, expect to move next week to an irrigated tract about four miles from Medford, Ore., in the Rogue River valley, which he purchased during the summer.  Mrs. Smith and her sons have resided in Davenport for many years and she was an early pioneer of the Walla Walla country, late living at Pendleton before moving to Davenport.  She has been active in W. C. T. U. work and Presbyterian church work.  Mr. Smith was in the warehouse business at Mondovi and Davenport for about 20 years....


SELL FARM NEAR REARDAN

Davenport Times-Tribune,  Nov 23, 1939 

The John Stirns farm, for many years a landmark in the Reardan community was sold last week for a reported consideration of $40,000.  This is a 550 acre farm, highly improved and is located five miles south of Reardan.  Mr. Stirn has owned it for 43 years. The new owners are Theodore and Emil Struhlmuller, ranchers of the Trinidad county.....


 

 

 

 

 

Thanks to Barbara Curtis who has submitted the items.

Used with permission. Typed by Rella Gleaton, "as is", spelling errors and all...

This page last updated Feb/05/2010

 

 

Copyright 2010  WAGenWeb