Odessa Fire

"Fire destroyed the Fate Hein residence on the north side Friday afternoon.  The blaze was discovered about six o'clock and the alarm was turned in by Water Supt. Durland, who with Joe Weik assisted the boys in making a record run to the scene with their Fords.  The long siege of hot dry weather had made the building as dry as tinder and by the time that the hose was laid, the flames had made such headway that it was plain to see that the house was doomed and only good work by the department saved the adjoining properties, the G C Schoonover and Wm Boyce homes. Mr. Hein estimates his loss on the house and personal property at $1400 on which he carried $900 insurance. The fire is supposed to have originated from a stove." (Odessa Record: 7-27-1917)

=====================================================

 Odessa fire, Odessa,Washington, submitted to the WAGenWeb 

by Marge Womach, 2006.

=====================================================
      USGENWEB NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing
          free information on the Internet, data may be used by
          non-commercial entities, as long as this message
          remains on all copied material. These electronic
          pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit
          or for presentation by other persons or organizations.
           Persons or organizations desiring to use this material
          for purposes other than stated above must obtain the
          written consent of the file contributor.
          This file was contributed for use in the USGenWeb.         
======================================================

Copyright  2006  WAGenWeb