Lamona Fire


“Lamona Section House Destroyed by Flames. The section foreman, Hans Underberg, and wife and baby, escaped their burning house at Lamona, Tuesday morning, with only what they have on their backs. Fire started from a gas stove. Frank Tate, signal man at Harrington, received a call to bring section men to help fight the fire which was threatening nearby warehouses, and other buildings. Crews from Bluestem and Edwall also responded. Residents of Lamona and farmers also assisted. Bud Golm received severe cuts on his right arm and left hand from broken glass, while fighting fire, and was treated by Dr Wagner.” (Citizen: 7-15-1938)


Lamona Fire, Lamona, Washington, submitted to the WAGenWeb

 by Marge Womach

      USGENWEB NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing
          free information on the Internet, data may be used by
          non-commercial entities, as long as this message
          remains on all copied material. These electronic
          pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit
          or for presentation by other persons or organizations.
           Persons or organizations desiring to use this material
          for purposes other than stated above must obtain the
          written consent of the file contributor.
          This file was contributed for use in the USGenWeb.         

© Copyright  2006  WAGenWeb