|This page reflects the current status of an ongoing effort to collect information on Jefferson County cemeteries. The data below may change as additional information is gathered.|
|also called||Discovery Bay Cemetery|
|at the former townsite of Maynard (originally Junction City) on the west shore of Discovery Bay|
|JUNCTION CITY BLK 88 LOTS 1 THRU 4 (N FRACTIONAL)
and JUNCTION CITY BLK 89 LOT 9 (E 1/2)
|Lat 48° 00' 00" N
Long 122° 52' 38" W
|From the junction of Highway 101 and State Route 20, go 1 mile north on Highway 101, then 0.1 miles east on Old Gardiner Road, then 0.05 miles northeast on Discovery Bay Cemetery Road, turn left on Cemetery Lane and follow the road for about 100 yards to the cemetery.|
|Documentation||Held by||Jefferson County Genealogical Society|
|Title||Discovery Bay Cemetery|
type & date
|index, 1985; updated 2000|
|Documentation||Held by||U.S. GenWeb Tombstone Transcription Project
Transcribed by Aaron Fleming and Todd Thorsen on February 15, 2004.
type & date
|text file, March 2004|
|Chronology||established before 1890|
1. The name "Maynard" appears to be that of Sidney P. Maynard (1861 - 1916) and
Henrietta Maynard (1860 - 1929) who are buried here.
2. Discovery Bay is now the name of the the bay which lies to the east of the cemetery and also the name of the small collection of buildings at the southwest end of the bay. Earlier the bay was called Port Discovery, which was also the name of the settlement at a sawmill once the largest in Washington Territory on the west side of the bay. The location is marked "Mill Point" on some maps. No structures from the mill or town, where hundreds once lived, now survive.
return to Cemetery Index Page
Comments? Phil Kohl, firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised: 16 March 2008
Copyright © 2018 Philip H. Kohl